Well this is my lucky week! The lovely Kathy from Kathy Sews has sweetly nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award and I'm so honoured to receive it!
Now I've been asked to write 11 random facts about myself so here goes:
1) I once got bitten by a snake but thought it was just a cane toad jumping onto my foot.
2) I have to wear safety goggles while sewing at christmas time because my sewing machine stresses out and tries to kill me with her exploding needles!
3) When living in London we were so broke that we had 44p to live on and ate bread that we scraped mould off from. We also were Lottory witnesses at the BBC for a night just to get some free nibblies!
4) I have a 6 year daughter who is obsessed with the Beatles.
5) I am addicted to Coca Cola.
6) I once studied Geology and Astronomy at uni but never finished.
7) I love eating bananas but hate anything else banana flavoured.
8) I have absolutely no sense of direction, at all.
9) Whenever my husband goes away for work, my daughter and I just eat camembert and crackers for dinner.
10) My most favourite food in the world is veraniki which my Ukrainian grandmother makes and it's the most delicious thing ever!
11) I'm trying to find a way that I can just sew and travel forever!
Here are the questions that Kathy has asked:
1. Do you have a favorite pattern? (Sewing, knitting, crochet, etc.)
My favourite pattern would probably have to be the New Look 6723 because I've made so many of them!
2. What was the last thing you made?
I've just finished a dress that I've called my Kermit Dress in ode to the coolest frog in the universe. It's green velvet and I'll blog about it very soon.
3. What was the first thing you sewed?
I think the first thing I sewed that I can actually remember is a patchwork pillow and a simple tote bag with all the different stitches going across it.
4. What is your favorite online crafty shop? (sewing, knitting, etc)
Craftumi and Etsy for sure.
5. What is your favorite crafty shop you go to in person? (sewing, knitting, etc.)
Well I've just moved to Perth so I don't know any at all except Textile Traders so far, which has really cheap fabric.
6. Do you follow any fashion designers or their work?
I was very lucky to meet Anne from Annabelle Rouge last year who has been a great inspiration to me. I also love the designs of Marchesa, Chanel, John Paul Gaultier, Prada and Esther Boller who is still so young but will undoubtedly do amazing things!
7. Do you hand-sew ever?
I do hand sew when I'm slip stitching in linings for dresses but thats really it. Oh do sewing on buttons count?
8. What blogs do you look to for inspiration?
Oh so many but a few are Esther from the Sticks, Julia Bobbin, Loobylu, Four Square Walls, Sewaholic and House of Pinheiro
9. Have you ever taken a sewing class?
Not since Home Ec at school but I am about to start a patternmaking course next week which I'm so excited about!
10. If someone visited your town, what's one of the first places you tell them to visit?
Well as I'm just a tourist here myself being so new to Perth I'd say Kings Park is a definite choice for a night picnic or Mullaloo Beach is just beautiful for swimming and bodyboarding.
11. What makes you happier than anything else?
My husband and daughter, travelling and being creative.
And now here are some great blogs that I would like to nominate for a Liebster Blog Award:
Adventures with Tigergirl
The House of Mirth
Sertyan's Sewing Corner
The Perfect Nose
Definitely check out these amazing blogs, full of so much inspiration! Here are some questions that I'd love to hear the answers to from these lovely blog owners.
1) What made you decide to start your blog?
2) What is your most favourite thing you have made?
3) Who are you most inspired by in the blogging world?
4) What is the last thing you have made?
5) Where is your absolute favourite place to go?
6) What sewing or craft skill would you most like to learn?
7) Which designers do you like if any?
8) What is your favourite drink when crafting?
9) Do you sew/craft in silence or with music?
10) What's the greatest thing you have learnt from blogging?
11) If you could do anything in the world, what would that be?
Thank you so much to Kathy for nominating me! It was lots of fun filling it all out.
If you've been nominated then you too can state 11 random facts about yourself, answer the questions from your nominator, nominate 11 other awesome blogs you love and then ask them 11 questions.
Please feel no pressure to complete this, but I would love to hear all about you!